Have you memorized the location of every Points West Community Bank ATM in Northern Colorado? Do you plan your errands around visiting in-network cash machines? Life’s about to get a lot easier for you: PWCB is dropping out-of-network ATM fees.
Planning your day is about to get a lot easier, as you’ll no longer incur fees from Points West Community Bank for using foreign ATMs. (Depending upon the ATM’s setup, you may receive a surcharge fee from its owner. Consult with each machine before you use it.) Using a community bank is now convenient even when you’re no longer in the community.
While you make use of the flexibility our new policy grants you, make sure you practice basic ATM safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using a foreign ATM. If the ATM is poorly lighted or suspicious persons are nearby, find one that seems more secure.
- Be on the lookout for skimmers, pieces of hardware that thieves attach to ATMs to swipe your card data when you’re using them. Signs that an ATM has been affixed with a skimmer include scratches or other damage on its face, adhesives around the card insertion area or suspicious hardware on the outside of the machine.
- If using an ATM that requires you to use your card to enter its vestibule, avoid letting others follow you in.
- Shield your PIN from view of others in the area, either with your body or with your hand.
- Protect your balance information and other account details by taking your receipt with you when you leave the ATM.
- When using a drive-up ATM, always lock all your doors and roll up all windows before starting your transaction.
- After receiving your money, put it away – in your wallet or purse – and leave the ATM quickly.
- Limit your time at the ATM. Have your card out of your wallet and ready to use before you approach to streamline and save time at the machine.
ATM crime is rare, and most banks take ATM security seriously. When you use machines that are outside of the PWCB network, take extra precautions to protect yourself.Read More