As of 3/31/15, Points West Community Bank will be upgrading the Multifactor Authentication process to a newer version which will no longer require an image and passphrase prior to logging in to online and mobile banking.
Why do I no longer need my image and passphrase to log in to online and mobile banking? Will my account still be secure?
Multifactor Authentication Version 2.0 introduces RSA’s Adaptive Authentication technology, which takes a risk based approach to enabling strong, multifactor authentication device forensics and behavioral analysis.
This technology no longer relies on the previous session cookie and image/passphrase to identify the user’s device, but rather utilizes the following data elements to identify the device. This type of validation is referred to as complex device identification, and is stronger than the previous method.
- Data Elements
- IP Address source IP address
- User-agent String application name, version, host operating system, language
- User Screen Information color depth, width, height and vertical space
- Software Plug-ins software plug-ins installed on the user’s browser
- Current Time user’s current time-zone
- Language user’s browser language
- Java whether Java is enabled
- Cookies whether cookies are enabled