The Importance of Protecting Your Bank Account
Protecting your bank account is one of the first and most important things you should do when setting up a new account. There are so many potential threats that aren’t worth worrying about when you can just follow these short steps to protect your account.
- We will never call you to request information you received via text (SMS) or pressure you to reset your online banking login password.
- Don’t trust caller ID. Caller ID may be modified to show Points West’s name.
- Don’t provide your online banking login credentials, one-time password, account number or personal information by email or text or phone call. Using our published phone number, reach out to us to confirm that the request is legitimate.
- Don’t give information over the phone if you receive a call stating that a transaction is canceled, even if the caller claims to be from Points West. Once again, contact us using our published phone number to inquire about the transaction.
- Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails or texts.
- Don’t give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer.
If you ever have any questions about your account or these potential threats, please contact us!